1) Charging of the battery in the right methodOne of the most common corrosion on the terminals of the battery is due to the charging issues with the battery.
If the corrosion occurs on the terminals, then it is due to overcharging or undercharging. In such a case, you should consider taking the battery to the mechanic.
This cause of undercharging can be many, but one of them is due to continually on the AC, and the music in the car leads to a decrease in the performance of the battery. This should be handled in time so that there will be no more loss occur.
2)Use Anti-corrosion SprayThere is a lot of anti-corrosion sprays that are available at the car shops and many other retail shops.
Many sprays are expensive, but there are many other inexpensive ways that can be used to prevent the terminals of the battery to be corroded.
One of the inexpensive ways of this is to use the Vaseline or grease. Grease is preferable on Vaseline because it has the capability to resist the heat.
For applying this spray, you must first remove the cable and then apply the spray. After this, install the first positive terminal and then the negative terminal.
3) Petroleum JellyOne of the inexpensive methods of preventing the terminal from being corrosion-proof is to remove the cables from the terminals of the battery and then apply the petroleum jelly on terminals.
This action should be done by wearing gloves because this makes your hands greasy. Also, try to install the positive cable first and then the negative cable.
4) Copper compressor terminals
One of the major causes of corrosion is the use of other materials in the forming of terminals. The material should be such that the whole terminal will conduct the electric current. And there will be no other resistance in the way.
The most preferred material is the tinned copper, which conducts the whole electric current. There is very little resistance in their way.
The tinned copper conducts the current quickly, Cohomer battery terminal does not let the battery terminal bear huge current and power, the efficiency of the battery increases.
5) Maintenance of the vehicleTo save the terminals of the battery to be corroded, you should maintain the maintenance of the car. You should use the gadget when the engine is on and try to reduce the usage of the electric things when the engine is running off.
To maintain the performance of the car and the battery, you should follow the maintenance advice of the car. Try to put less burden on the engine by cleaning it and other things that affect the performance.
6) Battery Terminal Covers and Battery Anti Corrosion Washersyou can also use Cohomer battery terminal covers/boots at your battery terminal to prevent the dust, water, and others can make corrosion things.
Battery Anti Corrosion Washers Fiber also can postpone the battery corrosion.
You just need to read it carefully and follow the instructions. The most common cause of the corrosion on the terminals of the battery is the leakage of the hydrogen gas.
This gas will intact with the other gases and cause to produce the corrosion on the terminals.
Other possibilities are if the case of the battery is cracked or the terminals are loose; then the electrolyte will fall outside the battery and cause in the corrosion on the terminals. The battery is very important for the good performance of the car.
If the battery of the car is low, then the performance of the car will also be affected. The major cause is hydrogen gas, which comes out from the battery. If you are away from home, then you can use soda water, which reacts with the corrosion and try to remove it.
You can also use the other inexpensive liquids like Vaseline or grease, which help in maintaining the surface friction-less and corrosion-free to pass the electric current without any loss.
Their corrosion on the terminals of the battery causes a decrease in the efficiency of the battery and the overall performance of the vehicle.